Monday, November 17, 2008

The 1st Committee & Team Captain Meeting of the year!!!

Tonight was simply amazing!!! We had our 1st official Committee meeting and then Team Captain/Public meeting! We had a great turnout with 42 attendees! Thank you to everyone who came and I hope you enjoyed yourselves and learned some new things!

It is Lung Cancer awareness month, so I shared some facts about Lung Cancer. I also shared a blog of Doreen Schmidt, a woman fighting lung cancer that hasn't smoked a day in her life! To check it out, go to http://cancersurvivor2006.blogspot.com.

Congratulations to the Heathman Lodge for being the first team to register 15 participants! You are AWESOME!!!

The "Team Captain Challenge" that I have put forth this month is.......the first Team Captain that gets 15 team members registered online, will receive a $20 gift card to Best Buy! Each Team Captain thereafter that gets 15 team members registered, will receive some type of prize! The prizes will be awarded at the next meeting on Monday, December 15th!!! So get those team members registered!!!

If you want to be part of the "$1000 Club", you simply have to raise $1000 as an individual! We had 9 participants that made the $1000 Club last year!!! The total amount raised between the 9 participants......$21,064.06!!! YOU ARE RELAY ROCKSTARS!!!

Well, it is 10:30pm and I should probably get to bed! I will leave you with a quote that I listed on the agenda tonight!

"The nice thing about teamwork is that you always have others on your side." So remember that all of us are working together for one reason...to find a cure for cancer. Have a nice evening and sleep tight!

Happy Relaying!
Jen Caine

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there Jen,

You are doing a fabulous job running the show this year!!
Keep up the good work. Let me know if I can be of any assistance.. I will help where I can when I can.

Luv Ya,

Amy Radford